Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bugs Bunny's Cupid Capers



Only 36 minutes of cartoons on this DVD!! Should have had 4 times as much!
A real rip-off!!!!!!

Only one (1) 24 minute TV special and two (2) 6 mninute cartoons!!! That is only 36 minutes on a disc that can hold over 180 minutes!!!

Warner should be ashamed to release such a sparce DVD, and charge as much as they do!

First, a very short TV special that contains only CLIPS of original theatrical cartoons, bridged together by poorly drawn & voiced new animation.

Elmer Fudd is Cupid, since the original voice of Elmer died in the late 1950's WB has never been able to find a suitable replacement, the worst is in this TV special.

CLIPS (and only clips, no complete cartoons) are used from the following cartoons:
Hare Trimed (1953) Bugs Bunny
Grey Hounded Hare (1948) Bugs Bunny
Little Beau Pepe (1952) Pepe Le Pew
Super Snooper (1952) Daffy Duck
Rabbit Romeo (1957) Bugs Bunny
Wild Over You (1953)
Of Rice & Hen (1953) Foghorn Leghorn
Devil May Hare (1953) Bugs & Tasmanian...

Nice TV Special
No reason to complain! You get it for a great low price. The overall TV special isn't that great, but you get some clips of cartoons not yet on DVD, like "Hare Splitter," "Wild Over You," and "Little Beau Pepe." There's also two bonus cartoons- "Past Perfumance" and "Holiday Highlights." I recommend this, especially for those of us who love Pepe, and despise the reluctance to give him a disc of his own.

Either For Time Or Content, Not A Very Good DVD.
I did a little DVD shopping in the five-dollar bins at Wal-Mart and picked up a few cartoon DVDs for my four-year-old boy. One was "Bugs Bunny's Cupid Capers." I'd never heard of the DVD. It was a mistake to buy it, but totally my fault. First of all, it contained only one 24-minute TV special and two 6-minute cartoons. The total running time was just a little over a half hour. Well, what could I expect for five bucks? True. But, I've had some really good five-dollar DVD cartoon compilations that ran for well over an hour. Okay, but on this one I just didn't know. Well, were the cartoons up to expectations as far as cartoons go. No. They weren't. I didn't find them to be good at all and my little boy had great difficulty maintaining concentration. I mean, he has no trouble at all getting mesmerized by Tom and Jerry cartoons, but these just fell flat. Well, I didn't find them very good either. I don't mean to knock Loony Tunes as we watched a Daffy Duck DVD last week and it had no...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment