Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Coraline Gift Set [Blu-ray]



Great Movie
This movie, yes is a little creepy. It has a moral, which is the point. The grass is always greener on the other side. The moral is the grass is not always greener and things are not always what they seem. I watched this with our 12 year old daughter. She was fine with it. Not sure that a child of 10 or younger would understand it. We love this movie. The person who commented about the 3D effects is wrong. They must have watched that non Blu-Ray 3D, with the paper glasses. This is the version for 3D TV's and Blu-Ray players.

Best Movie I have...in 3D
I am only commenting on the 3D aspect of it....not the story itself.
I have several movies in 3d and for me this is bright & colorful. Story is well done but unfortunately nothing really leaps out of the screen at you except for a few instances. I did not think that I was going to like this but watching this in 3D really changed my mind.
I did not really care for Alice in Wonderland or A Christmas Carol. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Despicable Me are pretty good but this I found to be more of a visual treat.
I must say that out of all that I have -Saw 3D and Clash of the Titans-Resident Evil... just do not hold up against CGI movies. IMAX does great stuff but those are not movies.
From start to finish Coraline is a visual feast and I would recommend this for anyone that has a 3D television.

The 3D Works.
I was let down when I saw the paper glasses that it comes with. I was expecting clear, transparent 3D glasses but the glasses that it comes with have Pinkish and Greenish lenses.
But after watching the movie with glasses I found that they worked pretty good. I haven't seen Coraline 3D in theatres, but I was blown away with some of the 3D scenes. The glasses do take away the bright vibrant colors (not too much though, Coraline's bright orange coat and Blue hair were still vibrant) but add a completely new feel and mood to the movie that's very appropriate for it.
Some people have said that only a few selected scenes are in 3d. I didn't feel this at all. The entire movie was in 3D. Maybe a couple close up scenes where there wouldn't be too much depth to begin with may be 2D, ( I don't know) But the rest was completely 3D.
I watched the movie on Blu-ray and on an HD TV. That's the only way to get the best picture possible.
There are almost 2 different version of...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment