Saturday, October 5, 2013

Eckhart Tolle: Awakening in the Now



Too much of a good thing....
Just might be a good thing! After watching Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn retreat and The Flowering of Human Consciousness DVDs, did I really need another Eckhart DVD?

Yes, it turns out I did. In this talk at UCLA, Eckhart addresses a few of the misunderstandings I had about the power of Now. He goes deeper into the Now and the ego than I've seen before, and I'm finding it very helpful in practical ways in my life.

For example, I had a falling out with my next-door neighbors this past week. Thanks to Eckhart's teaching, I knew what to do, and what not to do. I sat with the conditioned thoughts and pain-body feelings in the Now. I allowed everything to be as it was without asking anything to be different. I let it all go quickly without letting my mind turn it into a problem. The next day "circumstances" brought about a wonderful reconciliation that felt effortless and natural. I could not have manipulated a more peaceful outcome if I'd tried.

To watch my...

Alert Stillness
Eckhart Tolle's perspective is at once powerful, simple, refreshing and timeless. It's an intense yet mellow meditation on being. I first watched the DVD from Netflix but new I wanted this for my library. Watching it at different times, different moods and with and without company brings new texture and tone to the ideas he shares. This is a treasure.

Fantastic read for your life and your soul
I bought this during Thanksgiving time in 2011 and I listened to the audio book for 3 months while I was driving to work, at work in quiet times, and back home from my job. It literally changed my life and I would recommend this book or audio CD's to anyone.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment