Friday, October 4, 2013

The Biggest Loser: The Workout - 30-Day Jump Start



Lower calorie burn than most other Biggest Loser dvds but fun to do and kept my interest. Bob is not the trainer on this one.
I have to agree with the other reviewer that I was hoping for another dvd with Bob as the trainer. I have always found his dvds to be high calorie burners and extremely motivational due to his warm yet strong training style. But one thing about the Biggest Loser you know if you watch it is that many of the contestants go on to become trainers themselves and they did choose some good trainers for this and it does mix things up a bit. However, with Bob at the center of the picture, one would think it's the same as past dvds...Bob does give diet and motivation tips on the dvd but does not train you as a trainer.

CALORIC BURN: As far as calorie burn, like the contestants on the show I wear a Bodybugg (the black electronic gadgets on arm bands) which measures my daily caloric burn. Because of this, I am also able to measure exactly how many calories I burn per workout and how many calories I burn per minute of any workout. This enables me to compare how effective a workout is...

Stop saying this is a horrible workout! It's for beginners!
Speaking as someone who is trying to get back into shape I find this workout fantastic! This workout is for someone who is overweight or trying to lose noticeable weight. This is NOT a workout for someone who is already IN shape trying to tone their body. This is not the workout for that. Like the title clearly states this DVD is a 30-Day JUMP START. Not a boot camp or toning DVD. If you're trying to lose a few extra pounds this DVD this perfect for you. I've been using it for 2 weeks and it's been working wonders for me you just have to be dedicated.

Where's Bob???
What happened to Bob?? He's my favorite trainer from this series and even though his picture is on the cover (as Jillian's is on the Last Chance Workout) he does not lead any of the exercise circuits. I missed him. (He does show up giving motivational/diet/training tips)

Anyway, this DVD has 5 (five), 10-minute workouts with a short warm-up/cool-down included in the 10 minutes. Tara leads the first Cardio section. It includes marching, jumping jacks, knee-up (low or high impact), twists, etc. Liz and Daniel provide beginner modifications. This is a good place for beginners to start.

Ali leads the second cardio section. I like this one because it includes resistance to get the heartrate up and keep it there. You will need a weighted ball, dumbells, and/or resistance bands. (Daniel again provides beginner modications.) She does punches with weights, side lunges with a medicine ball, squats with weights over head, etc. A good full-body workout...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment