Sunday, October 6, 2013

Turning Point



Just Average Hong Kong Undercover Cop/Triad Movie
This movie is basically about a cop (Anthony Wong) who was an undercover cop with the Triads but then became a full fledged Triad member and ditched being a cop. Anthony Wong's part I found a little unbelievable in the flamboyant way he dresssed, has a mohawk haircut and in one scene he appears to be wearing lipstick which somehow just came across as lame and not really fitting his character....maybe he's just too old to pull off that kind of costuming or something I'm not sure but it was rather distracting. Apart from that it has some good action in it and a fair plot and acting. There was a strange violent scene with people hanging inside plastic bags and being beaten by the Triad members. Violence, some suspense and an average story sum up this movie. I gave it 3 stars but that may be being a little overly generous on my part as it is certainly not the best Hong Kong cop/triad movie I have seen by a long shot. Maybe at some point I will give it a second viewing and see if I like it...

ASIAN ACTION / DRAMA
THIS IS ONE OF THE BETTER ASIAN ACTION/DRAMAS AROUND FEATURING THE "TRIADS VS COPS [INCLUDING UNDERCOVER]". GREAT STORYLINE WITH LOTS OF ACTION AND DRAMA



Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment