Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Earth 2100



I'm Concerned That We May Run Out Of Water Before Long
This isn't a 'fun' movie to watch, but I decided to watch it again after having seen it on television, this time because on vacation I had seen an empty, dried-up pit where a lake used to be. Nothing grows without water. That got my attention.

Other weather changes here and there, huge ice storms and blizzards where they don't typically happen, make me believe we may be dealing with some sort of global 'change' if not global warming. I have no intentions of getting into the debate about the politics or other beliefs about global warming, but I think it would be very wise for us to consider what we can do to protect and maintain what we've been given. I'm not a scientist and know little or nothing about these things, but I do know that there are a few things I can do, and if we all do a few little things, we may have fewer disasters in the near future. There are some good ideas sprinkled throughout the drama.

This presentation gives me a great deal to think about...

Earth 2100: A Possible Future?
EARTH 2100 is perhaps one of the scariest films I have ever seen. Not because it is filled with blood and guts or monsters, but because it could be the future we make for ourselves. At this time, oil is spewing into the Gulf of Mexico that is the environmental nightmare of all of us, and climate change deniers seem to be gaining ground in the media and within the public at large. This film which depicts what our world will become based on scientific models and reasonable assumptions based on current conditions is a one of shortages, violence, and catastrophe on a monumental, global scale. It does, however, offer us hope.

The crux of the film, and all the political decisions that follow, is based on a summit that is suppose to occur in 2015, but is perhaps more like the one in Copenhagen in 2010. If consensus is reached on common, global goals, we get one future, but if not, we get a horror far beyond our imaginings. The ultimate decisions that global decision makers...

Excellent Video
The video has a lot of important topics discussed that we should all consider. They did an excellent job making this video. Those who care about our planet Earth, I encourage you to purchase a copy of this video.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment