Thursday, October 3, 2013

Il Divo: An Evening with Il Divo - Live in Barcelona [Blu-ray]



As good as it gets without actually being there
I got my copy November 25.

I experienced the concert live in Melbourne in October 2009, at the tail end of the tour. The performance was polished and near perfect. The extra visuals (lighting, video) was a little distracting at times, grabbing your eye when you felt you should have been focusing on Il Divo. The sound was amongst the best at any concert; maybe a little loud when there would be impact in any case, but all of this is quickly forgiven and I don't remember ringing in my ears afterwards. At times, it was hard to believe the vocals and the band were live; the sound seemed too good.

With my recent memories of the concert, it's hard not to make comparisons when watching what turns out to be a much earlier concert, presented in Hi Def clarity on Blu-ray, where details don't go unnoticed. The guys do not appear to flow as naturally as I remember, and my wife thought the same thing. They just don't seem as comfortable and I got the sense they were...

Il Divo Heaven
The newest CD/DVD of the mega hit group IL DIVO is to die for. I saw them in concert in Portland Oregon and I have to say that though this DVD is fabulous, nothing beats seeing them live.

The sound and lighting were great and of course the men were terrific. You could tell at times though that they didn't seem as quick on the lyrics, but I didn't notice anything like that when I saw them in concert.

With old favorite such as My Way and Mama, but new renditions of old favorites such as A Bridge Over Troubled Water and the incomparable song The Impossible Dream, the newest edition of musical delights brought to us from IL DIVO will leave your heart pounding and you feet swinging on La Vida Sin Amor.

A great buy for an IL DIVO fan and I look forward to seeing them again and also purchasing anything that they put out.

The best Il Divo thus far
This is the best Il Divo performance we have seen so far. We own most of the Il Divo DVDs. The group was truly connected with the Barcelona audience. The song selections were great and performed in the typically superb Il Divo harmony. One thing I will have to comment on is I probably would have been just as satisfied with a standard DVD played on an upconvert DVD player using HDMI as with the Blu-ray version that I got. I found the video to be rarely of Blu-ray quality. This is a great DVD regardless of whether you go for the Blu-ray or standard DVD format. Its the performance that counts and Il Divo delivered.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment