Tuesday, October 8, 2013

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: A Very Sunny Christmas



Hilarious, but I admit may be expensive
I am a huge fan of Always Sunny and would definitely reckomend(Charlie spelling) this DVD. Yes, it is expensive. I was lucky enough to get it discounted with Seasons 1-4 on the deal of the day(Thanks Amazon!) so it didn't really effect me. The added violence and cursing definitely made me wish every episode could have it! They use the cursing efficiently and always to great effect. If you like Always Sunny you can't really go wrong with this DVD. I was excited to see Mac and Charlie paired together again(Lately the dynamic has been Frank/Charlie and Mac/Dennis) for some great, hilarious moments. Loved it and think you will love it too!

Spectacular
There seems to be two main groups of people giving this reviews - people who haven't seen it, but love the show, so they give it a 5, and people who hate the price, so they give it a 1. Ignore them both.

I just got this in the mail today, watched it, it's hilarious, as good as any episode. It's 40 minutes, the length of two episodes. The ending is a little weak, the rest is spectacular. That's really all there is to it. If you're willing to pay a standard DVD price for two episodes, go for it, I promise you won't be disappointed. If you don't think it's worth it, no one's twisting your arm, you have no right to complain.

I think I know what happened here...
I am a fan of Always Sunny and own all the seasons on DVD. I am NOT a hater. This DVD is basically a double episode of Always Sunny with a Christmas theme. There are some funny bits, but it is not an outstanding episode. DVD Extras are weak and not worth the time.

What I think happened is this: The Always Sunny gang wanted to make a Christmas episode for broadcast, but when the suits saw this episode they balked and said "no way" to airing it. I mean, this thing pushes more boundaries than ever! So the gang added some minimal dvd extras (very minimal) and packaged it for a DVD release. (Possibly this was prompted by the suits at the network to recoup production costs, but maybe not.) Anyway it is an attempted cash grab and not worth the $20.

The clay-mation scene near the end was a GREAT idea, but I feel, a missed opportunity. It started well, but they went for gross and violent instead of just being Always Sunny. It was the one part I was really hoping to see,...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment